Another award nomination! Hooray! I am very excited to complete this award blog, mainly because as I have mentioned many times before I love a good opportunity to hear and share opinions. It is always nice to be recognized for something you love doing. So thank you Elma from Trendstopper for the nomination, you are a doll!
So what are the rules?
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Attach the award to the post
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & Provide a link to the award post you created (You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you)
How did my blog start?
I have always enjoyed writing, mainly for myself in my super secret journal and also some creative writing. I found that when I wrote in my journal I always felt lighter, it was my release. As I get older I find myself on a long path of discovering myself and my interests. So far in this life long process, I found a passion for well-being, happiness, growth, personal challenges, pushing my boundaries and changing my perspectives. The more passionate I became about these topics the more important it became to me to have a proper outlet to share my opinions and gain insight from like-minded and non-like minded people.
My blog is a way for me to share and engage about topics that mean something to me. Pairing that with my love of writing out my thoughts blogging has become a great escape for me and another new passion.
Tips for new bloggers
- Do it for you… Blog for you, write things that you yourself would want to read about. Chances are if you are passionate about something then other people will sense the authenticity you are offering and become attracted to your blog. If it matters to you there are sure to be other people out there that feel similarly about those things or differently. What matters is you gain from your blog and other people gain also, whether it be by sharing or receiving or both. Just be you yo!
- Let your personality shine through… I know that some writers frown upon too many personalities in writing, but I for one love it. I really enjoy reading blogs with little doses of the blogger’s personality scattered throughout the piece. Just like I would people, I tend to gravitate towards blogs that are opinionated and humorous, I love a good sassy blog. Letting your personality shine through sets you apart from the millions of other bloggers out there, and will keep people coming back. Think about it… there is only one you so what you offer in the blog world is completely unique and you are the creator. Make your content yours and yours alone.
Here are some great blogs that embody the kind of things I look for when reading something new. They are unique, fun and hold great content. So check these beauty’s out!
- Kendell – Little.Misadventures
- Sophie – The.Swedish.Kiwi
- Jessie – Koolitzable
- Diana – Toast & Tea
- Ingvild – Diciplin
- Carrie – Petal.and.Sass
- Kate – Heart.and.Harpstrings
Good luck to all of you beautiful bloggers. I can’t wait to hear about why you started your blogs and what tips you have to offer.