Good day, my lovelies! Happy Thursday, there is only one more day to go until Friday. Hooray! So what’s the good news of the day you ask? Well, I have been nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award” by TheMeekChick. Thank you so much, I am ecstatic to have been nominated for this award and to also have the opportunity to nominate other fellow bloggers. There certainly are many lovely blogs out there that deserve the recognition. So thank you again Lawal Ghaniyyah Aderayo you are so kind to have thought of me and my blog when making your nominations. Much love to you!
So what are the rules you ask?
- Thank the nominator and link them.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Add 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know via a comment.
Facts about moi
- I am having minor day surgery today… Yup! I am having a Ganglion Cyst removed from my wrist, and I am so happy I have finally made the decision to have it removed. It is from the repetitive strain (typing on a computer all day) and I have had it for 5 years now. After playing with the option of removing it for many years I have finally made the decision, waited a very long time for an appointment with a plastic surgeon and… tomorrow is the big day! I am hoping that I will be able to have better mobility with my wrist after the surgery and do more fun things, like do a push-up, go bowling or climb a mountain. (maybe not the mountain just yet, but who knows.)
- I am an only child… I have mixed feelings about being an only child. I developed a huge sense of self and independence which I love. But I also had to overcome the huge hurdle of shyness in younger years as well. Looking back I feel like being an only child was a blessing and I am happy to have grown up to be strong, independent and rather introverted because of it.
- I am a volunteer with Beagle Paws… I have only been volunteering for the past month or so but I have to admit it has brightened my life so much on that short time. I have always had a soft spot for beagles having had the privilege of having one when I was a little lass. In the province I live in beagles are often abused and neglected used solely as hunting dogs and sometimes abandoned when no longer able to hunt. So Beagle Paws takes those precious beagles, loves them and works hard to find them a new forever home. I am in a place in my life where I am unable to own a pet of my own so walking, feeding and playing with those sweet creatures a few times a week is the least I can do for animals that are so loving and deserving.
- I am very outdoorsy... I love fishing, hiking, canoeing, camping all sorts of outdoor activities. For example, last weekend myself and my boyfriend went hunting, like for live animals, in the woods. I did not, however, shoot the gun, but I did witness the murder of two birds and I did cook those same birds later that evening. Although I wouldn’t consider myself a lover of hunting, I have to say I did enjoy being out in the middle of nowhere all day and I saw a beaver. Who doesn’t love beavers?
- I am constantly cold… I know I live on a rock in the middle of the North Atlantic ocean but I am just one of those people. The type of person who is always chilly, I can often be found with a giant sweater, wool socks, and a fuzzy blanket. Random fact? Maybe, but such is my life.
- I love reading… I have always been a lover of books, thank you, Harry Potter. Harry Potter was really the starting point for my love of reading, myself along with many other millennials. But seriously if you have not read these books yet I feel like you might owe it to yourself to do so. Cross that off your bucket list.
- I am afraid of the dark… I know that’s an odd statement, and not completely accurate. But I do have a night light which I use every time I am sleeping home alone. So it’s not that I am afraid of it. Its just that I don’t prefer it and it makes me uncomfortable. So yeah, the dark is preferable.
So there you have it 7 random facts about me. Phew, that was harder than I thought. Now to nominate 7 beautiful blogs for this lovely award.
Here are my nominations…
- Be the Change
- Enlightenment Angels
- Pursuit of a new Adventure
What did you think of my answers? Please share some love and topics with me by participating in my fall giveaway! I would love a chance to interview one of you lovely bloggers. Cheers!