On Monday, October 12th, it is Thanksgiving here in Canada. Mmm, Turkey! In Canada Thanksgiving was a day proclaimed back in 1957 as – “A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed.” But let’s be honest, us Canadians were probably just looking for an excuse to follow the Americans along with their awesome holiday. Shhh, don’t tell!
Regardless of its origin, it’s a day filled with, family, food, and appreciation. For my family and I, it has always been a low-key event, and I expect this year will be much the same. No matter what I end up doing on Thanksgiving or who I spend that day with it is a time for me to stop and review the things accomplished and acknowledge the things I am grateful for.
So I invite you to take part in my challenge. No matter where you are from or what festivities you may or may not celebrate I feel it is important to stop every now and then to take note and be thankful.
I hereby challenge you to go forth and be thankful!
The Challenge rules
- Share this image in your blog post
- Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for
- Write about 5 things in 2015 that you are thankful for
- Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part
5 People I am Thankful for
- My Mother – For being a beautiful friend to me and always being the most supportive and positive person in my life.
- My Father – For teaching me the importance of hard work and independence.
- My Boyfriend – For being so dependable, loving accepting and caring. Your presence in my life pushes me to be better every day.
- My Aunt – I am thankful to have been born with an aunt who is also like a sister to me and a best friend. Thank you for always sharing your time and being there, you are wonder women in so many ways and an inspiration.
- My Friends – I’m thankful for your presence in my life through the good times and the bad. The memories I have gained with each and every one of you fills my life with happiness.
5 Things I am Thankful for in 2015
- For my Personal Growth – I have grown a lot this year. Becoming stronger, more compassionate towards others and discovering new passions I wish to pursue in life.
- For my Job – I am happy to have received a promotion this year. And as stressed as I tend to get from time to time I am thankful to be in a role that makes better use of my skills and where I am respected and trusted. You can’t ask for more than that.
- For the Adventures – I am thankful to have spent so much time outside doing the things that I love. Like fishing, canoeing, and hiking. Despite the weather I really had a great winter, spring, and summer.
- For the New People – I have had the privilege of meeting some great people this year. My boyfriends family and friends and some amazing co-workers. I am so grateful for the kindness I have been shown by these people. I feel the love.
- For Setting Goals – This year was a time for relaxation and discovery. I am learning this whole adult thing, and one thing discovered are some future goals. It’s time to start working towards those goals and move towards the future with confidence and excitement!
5 Nominations for this Challenge
- Yentl – YOUunfolded – I love her blog especially her Pay it Forward Friday Feature
- From the Sticks to he Bricks and Back Again – I especially love the Follow Friday feature found on this blog
- Julie & Vi – Say Yes to Happy – Check out these gals awesome Interview Series
- Alex D Neagoe – I love her blog post 50 Little Things That Make Life Great
- Romi – The Beau Life – I love her Lifestyle posts
I’m thankful for coming across all of your wonderful blogs and I hope you will spread the love and take part in this challenge. Happy Thanksgiving!
Not nominated? Who cares! Please feel free to use this image on your own blog and take part in this challenge. Just thank ScaleSimple, that’s the only request I have.
I want to share the love with my readers, please check out ScaleSimple’s fall giveaway.
So what are you thankful for?