Happy Friday! What a great Friday it is to be nominated for another awesome award! Thank you to the lovely Mitch Golfarb for nominating me for this amazing award. I have been so lucky to collaborate and discuss ideas with so many different bloggers during my time writing on ScaleSimple, and it means so much to be recognized for something I truly enjoy doing.
I am excited to complete the thought provoking questions that Prof. Mitch has provided. So thank you again, for considering me when thinking of your nominations for this award!
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
Display the award on your blog.
Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
Nominate ten other bloggers.
Create ten questions for your nominees, and notify them of their nominations.
- What’s one piece of advice would you offer a newborn? If a newborn could understand the advice that I would be giving I would say. “Child, stay true to you no matter what. And be kind to yourself and others.” Maybe that is two pieces of advice, but equally important!
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you like to meet and why? The Dalai Lama. If you often read my blog you may discover my love for The Dalai Lama and his Unique Perspectives. I think one meeting with him would help fuel much growth within myself and help me gain some amazing perspectives about the world.
- What has life taught you this week? Everyone’s families have their problems. I have learned a lot this past week about my family and others and how they operate. I think it is very interesting how people grow up and develop based on the influence of their families. Certain obstacles and habits arise both good and bad. As an only child, I have kind of lived in a bubble my whole life with regards to family, so it’s nice to learn and push my perspectives.
- Why do you write? I write because it helps me remain positive, it is an outlet for my thoughts, and I really love it. It is a fun hobby of mine and it is something that at the end of the day is for my own benefit.
- Do you have a place where you go that empowers or nurtures you? A place, maybe not. But I do however find that the outdoors always makes me feel fresh and empowered. So maybe a garden, a park, the ocean, or forest. Any of these places freshen me up.
- What excites you to get out of bed in the morning? On the weekdays I must admit there is not much excitement involved. I rush out of bed to hurry off to work, sort of on autopilot. But on the weekend it’s usually my to-do list that gets me going. I am a doer by nature so to sit around all day and accomplish nothing would kill me. Oh and coffee, I am definitely motivated by coffee in the morning.
- If you had 30 seconds and the whole world was listening, what do you want to say? I don’t know exactly how I would say it, but the message I would want to get across would be that we are all equal. Whether it’s by age, sex, job title, looks, religion, political standing, income. And the list can go one, people for some unknown reason like to categorize themselves as higher on “the scale” than others based on these arbitrary things. Whether you want to admit it or not, there is an egotistical side of all of us who look to these labels to help us determine our place next to our neighbor. Wars start over this, murder, unhappiness of all kinds. So my message would be to stop the labels and the judgment and welcome equality into your life. Even if it only changed the perspective of one person it would still be worth it.
- Where do you find magic in your life? My magic comes from my strong desire to grow and achieve. I must admit from the outside I seem rather ordinary, nothing bold or exciting going on. But on the inside, I am a constantly moving storm of ideas, feelings, goals and dreams. My magic comes from the storm within.
- Will you please share a little about your writing career? I must admit, my writing career is pretty much nonexistent. Most of my writing so far is found on my blog. I do however wish to widen my experience perhaps by completing some courses in my future, my secret dream for a long time has been to write a book of some sort. Maybe one day writing and career may merge together in my life. But as of now, it is a happy hobby.
- How can we improve the planet using social media? I think by continuing to share authentic, powerful and educational information on social media we can expect our world population to become more educated and aware in every aspect of life.
So on to my nominees. I enjoy reading a great range of blogs so narrowing the list down has been challenging, however, the blogs I have chosen are all extremely deserving of this great award of recognition. Congrats bloggers!
- Steph Osmanski – A new blog on my radar, filled with colorful visuals and fun posts.
- A Maple Girl – Fellow Canadian Blogger whose blog is about a little bit of everything skincare, clothing, health, food, nature, travel, books, home décor you name it Tuned 2 Mel – Beauty, Lifestyle, Fashion, there are lots of interesting articles on this lovely blog.
- Suzie81Speaks – This blog is an absolute gem, offering amazing blog tips and is also very engaging. She hosts blog parties often that are fun and open to a wide community of bloggers.
- Money for the Average Girl – This blog features money saving tips, tips on cleaning and other delightful articles to help improve your everyday life.
- BBeautyBloggin – This is fun blog geared towards beauty, different products and reviews and also some fun lifestyle posts.
- Captain of the Back Seat– This is a great blog for travel reads. Always filled with great pictures and a unique view of places traveled.
- Toast and Tea Together – I have been a big fan of this lifestyle blog for awhile now. Check it out if you are looking for a fun and busy atmosphere.
- My Journey with Hijab – A fun blog offering great quotes and fun posts.
- Alohalotte – A fashion blog, featuring many comfy outfits that inspire me.
- What are your favorite type of blogs to read?
- What type of blog is your favorite to write?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite thing about your home?
- What do you do for a living?
- What is one of your favorite hobbies?
- What is your favorite social media outlet?
- If you could improve one thing about your life right now what would it be?
- If you could see yourself through someone else’s eyes who would it be?
- Who is a public figure that gives you the most inspiration?
I can’t wait to see the answers to these questions, happy Friday bloggers!