The merriest of months is finally upon us, larger than life December has inched its way forward and has arrived in the usual festive fashion. I am of course already feeling in the Christmas spirit due to the healthy blanket of snow I woke up to yesterday morning! And I can’t wait to take on this month and its festivities. Yay! Happiest of Decembers everyone!
As I think about the things that I need to complete this month my head begins to ache a little, and although I will not be placing everything on my goals list this month (pretty sure that’s impossible) I will of course like to still partake in the festivities of list making.
But first let us check in on my November Goals and see how things worked out…
Get my car serviced:Success!
- Work out 3 at least: I am not even going to lie to make myself feel better about this one, I didn’t work out once… I am half ashamed, but only half.
- Eat healthily: It should come as no surprise that I did not even bother with this. It is a slippery slope until the New Year I am afraid, so I may as well embrace the holiday cookies and cakes.
Start my Christmas shopping:I actually did really well with this so far. If I were to guess I would say I am about 30% finished. Amazing! Finish readingThe Nightingale: Success! It took me until this morning to finish it as it is a rather large book. The last half of the book was intense and I could hardly peel myself away from it, I spent the last few chapters wiping my eyes in order to read through the tears. A must read for everyone, I highly recommend!
- Collect clothing for charity: No I suck. I have however managed to pull together with some co-workers to provide 4 families with Christmas groceries this year. So I feel less guilty about not being able to compete for this as the food hampers is also a great cause!
Organize my documents:Organize is a rather loose term, I did collect together my documents and put them in a bin. To me a successful project as they were scattered around my apartment. Clean my Apartment:I did get rid of a lot of junk this month, I will, of course, have to do this again after Christmas but for now I am happy with what was done last month.
- Mini Road trip: No time! No time! I had a lot of fun and did a lot of great things in November so I feel no regret for not being able to do this before the snow.
So the result for November? 5 out of 9…. Not too bad, I must admit. I managed to get so much done this month I am actually very pleased with. However, many of those things were not a part of my original goals. Oh well, live and let live, and watch out December!
- Christmas Shopping & Wrapping: I know this is obvious, seeing how this has to be finished this month, but I see fit to put it on my list anyway. Let the festivities begin.
- Breakfast & Shopping with Mom: Myself and Mamma do this every year, and it is one of my favorite traditions. We will grab breakfast at Bagel Cafe and go window shopping in historic downtown St. John’s. I can’t wait to cross this one off the list!
- Movie Marathon: Home Alone, A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Santa Clause. My list can go on, you know the drill. Drink some eggnog, watch the Christmas classics and just enjoy the Christmas feels. I can’t wait!
- Go for a walk in the park: Bowring Park my most favorite park in town has the most beautiful light show every Christmas. So whether I attend the park lighting or I just go for a stroll, this is definitely on my list for December.
- Stick to posting Schedule for The Chatting Compass: I know with such a busy Christmas season it will be hard to make the weekly post, but I have some great bloggers lined up for December and the goal is to continue to post each Thursday. Wish us luck!
- Complete my own new Christmas Blog Challenge: Stay tuned for this one, but expect something fun in which you all can take part in.
I think given that December is the busiest month of the year, I am happy to commit myself to these 6 goals. Wish me luck! Happy Holidays everyone!