Time to start stretching your belly muscles and rock your most fashionable of stretchy pants. It’s no surprise that Christmas is the worst time of year for your figure and the best time of year to stuff your face with cookies, turkey, and all manner of tasty drinks. Or is that just me?
Either way, I am officially embracing the cookie season as I like to think of it and for day three of my 12 Days of Christmas Blogging Challenge, I would like to share with you all my most favorite cookie recipe.
I am a huge fan of this recipe for a few reasons. Sugar cookies have a long shelf life lasting weeks, so they make a great gift. Also, they are super easy to make, which is why it is my favorite! I am not skilled enough yet to attempt more complex Christmas baking, however, this sugar cookie recipe never fails at being a crowd pleaser.
So if you are somewhat baking impaired like myself or if you just like the taste of yummy Christmas cookies then I suggest giving this simple recipe from Add a Pinch a try. Happy Baking!
Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix well until well-combined.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
- Add granulated sugar to a large bowl for rolling cookie dough in before baking. Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of granulated sugar and roll to coat well. Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches to 2 inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Day Three Nominations:
Feel free to join this Christmas Challenge at any time! Are you also a sugar cookie fan?