“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. – Charles Dickens”
Many exciting things are happening in March. First up the clocks go ahead! Which means that we gain some much needed and deserved sunshine. And when you live in the cold harsh north that extra hour means a lot! It also means Easter! Which means chocolate, and those of you who are better acquainted with my blog know how much I love that stuff. Another reason is the weather begins to warm a little. I mean to not get my hopes up to much with that thought because we have seen many years where March has been the snowiest, however, I am thinking positively , bring on the sunshine and above freezing temperatures!
Enough rambling about the benefits of March lets jump into my goals, shall we? First, let us take a peek at my February progress….
- Finish Reading current book–You Are Not Your Brain – Nope, sadly I can not cross this one off, however, February wasn’t a total loss, I did read the Memoir of Vincent Van Gogh and started reading a few other books, which you can check out on my Goodreads!
Work out 3 times a week– I am actually so proud of myself for this one, my Pinterest -Healthy Living Board is filled with great at home workouts and some awesome healthy recipes that I have really been enjoying.
- Have a winter boil up – Nope!
- Go for a walk in the park – Nope, I actually forgot I committed to this. Damn it!
Get crafty for Valentine’s day– Yep, I created a super cute, unbelievably corny scavenger hunt, the details I may post sometimes so others can enjoy this festive idea. Continue to Learn Dutch– I think I now know 150 dutch words… You must to start somewhere right?
Not too bad for February it was a pretty relaxed month I must admit. Now join me as I plan for the slightly more ambitious March, here we go!
- Continue workout plan – I have recently been giving my ass a kick to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (highly recommend) so I would like to keep that up and push myself a little more by adding some outdoor walking, even if just once.
- Continue eating healthy – I am proud to say I have been really pushing myself when it comes to eating healthier, trying a lot of different recipes (Thank you Pinterest). So I want to continue that trend. Oh! And try to make some lentil soup.
- Read 2 books – Ambitious? Well, I have goals to meet people! I am already reading Against Her Rules which is a romance written by a former co-worker of mine, and although I am not a romance fan I have to say I am so happy to see someone I know follow their dreams. It is very inspirational. So if you are a romance fan give this book a read and learn more about the culture of Newfoundland in the process.
- Learn how to use my Camera – This might seem like an odd statement… however, I have a Nikon DS3000 and I really need to brush up on all of the bells and whistles before my trip to Europe. After all, what is the point of having a good camera if you only know how to half use it? YouTube here I come! (Also open to any suggestions or tips)
- Continue to learn dutch – I am committing to another 4 lessons. We have been using Learndutch.org and I absolutely love it, it has beat out duo-lingo by far for me.
- Hike Signal Hill – This may be a bit sketchy seeing how it is winter, but if the snow stays off the ground I am going for it. Danger? I laugh in the face of it!
- Organize my bedroom – Time for some much-needed spring cleaning I think. I have seen so many people taking on a more minimalist approach to their closets and I have been wanting to jump on that bandwagon for awhile now. With the help of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
I think I got this one!
While looking at my March goals I feel inspired! That is what goals are for right? Inspiration!
If you have any suggestions on books to read or healthy recipes to try please send some my way! Happy March everyone!
What are your goals for this month? How do you stay active during the winter months? Do you have any great photo taking tips? Let me know in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!