Hello, everyone! Welcome to Scale it Simple’s first ever Halloween Writing Contest.
Are you ready to embrace your Halloween spirit? Then turn on your favorite horror flick, turn down the lights and try your hand at some creepy fictional writing.
Hang on because things are about to get spooky up in here.
The rules are simple.
- Write a fictional Halloween style story by continuing on the story began below, copy the first two paragraphs to begin your post…
It was one of those nights on cemetery lane that made you feel electric with energy and somber with thought all at the same time. The air was crisp, dead leaves scattered as they ran underfoot and glided overhead, filling the night with noise. The moon was full and luminous casting an eerie light on the scene below. Halloween was in full swing, the streets were abuzz with hooded figures and lively children enjoying their annual candy hunt.
Hidden from the action at the end of the long lane of perfectly decorated houses stood the towering and dark-windowed number 13 cemetery lane. Behind it, the forest stood lightless and desolate, a depressing shadow on a lively scene. It was in this very house at this very moment that…
- Post on your own blog and share the link on this post.
- Your story must be between 300-1000 words long. (Including introduction)
- Read through as many of the other posts as you wish and cast a vote for your favorite story. (You can not vote for yourself)
- Send your vote to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions and votes must be placed by midnight on Halloween.
This event will be ongoing until October 31st, so you have lots of opportunities to visit as many blogs as you like. Feel free to follow one of my social media accounts found below as I will be sharing your content on them, or re-blog this post to invite your friends and followers to join the contest. The more the merrier.
What’s the Prize?
- A full interview post on Scale it Simple during the month of November.
- A free copy of: WordPress: Beginner to Pro Guide – How to Easily Build a Professional Looking Website or Blog: (WordPress 2016 Guide)
Happy writing you spooky souls, I look forward to reading all of your stories!