Guys is it just me or did April freaking fly? Seriously where did this month go?
It has been a kind of blah April for moi I must admit, my mood, the weather. It has just been blah. Not bad, just blah.
I am still patiently waiting for spring days to inspire my soul, it has been a slow process up here in this icy windy land I call home. I guess all those dresses I keep buying will have to keep waiting for their time to shine.
May is the month we set up the cabin for summer which I am really thrilled about.
May is also a somewhat symbolic month for me, you know I do love my symbolism. As it is time to usher in change, to welcome a break in routine and connect with the things in life I love. Nature, sunshine, hiking, and the retirement of my winter coat (hopefully).
So here I am to share with you my not so successful April goals and pledge my goals for beautiful May. Thanks for reading!
April Goals 2017
- Workout minimum 4 times per week: I am not going to mark this as complete as I completely slacked on the last week, but I was doing amazing so I still feel fitness in April was a success!
- Meditate Daily: I did not meditate at the beginning of the month but after a Spring meditation retreat I have reconnected with my practice and feel rejuvenated.
- Finish 2 books: I completed one book by one of my favs, Living Beautifully: with Uncertainty and Change by Pema Chodron.
- No Shopping Month: Guys I suck… I am not even going to defend myself on this one.
- Weekly Meal Prep: Again nope. It was a good idea though!
Create a new budget:Yes! I have been utilizing my new monthly planner and it has been changing my life! Yay for organization! Spring cleaning:I did manage to finally do an overhaul of my apartment! Hooray!
Throw a Spring Blog Party: I want to send out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who participated and promoted the Spring Blog Party. It was a busy day and a lot of work but I think it was worth it as we had many new participants. If you have any ideas for future parties or community engagement ideas please let me know and I will try my best to make it happen.
- Stick to a schedule: As mentioned I recently bought a new planner that I have been using for my blog and personal life. I want to make it a goal to stick with it when it comes to my blog, in life I can afford to be a bit more flexible.
- Read at least one book: See what I did there? Yea, I am committing to one because life happens people. Again any suggestions are welcome.
- Be active at least 4 times a week: This includes yoga, workouts, and hiking.
- Eat SUPER healthy: I am ready for lots of green things in my life!
- No shopping month: Guys I really mean it this time! If you have any tips on how to stick with it I am open to all the help I can get. I got issues!
- Do one thing out of my comfort zone: You may think this is rather silly but… the struggle is real.
- Spend lots of time in nature: I am hoping to enjoy some canoeing, fishing, reading outdoors, hiking, walking.
Stay tuned for next months goals as I will be changing things up a little bit. Wishing you all the happiest month ahead.
What are your goals for May?